(BC Only)

Firstly, it is important to note that a representation agreement is only needed in British Columbia. Secondly, this document is required for personal care planning. It is a legally enforceable document used when a person is incapacitated, entering palliative care (i.e. nearing their end-of-life), or require other support for their health care.

When making a Representation Agreement, please remember these things:

  • You must be a legal adult (i.e. 19 years or older in age)
  • A representative has legal authority to help you manage your affairs and carry out your wishes if you need temporary or ongoing assistance — due to illness, injury or disabilit
  • A representation agreement may also be used to cover routine financial affairs and legal matters.

To make a representation agreement, you will need to contact a legal professional and they can assist you in getting one drafted and finalized.

The content on the ReadyWhen Platform is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or other professional advice or an opinion of any kind.